WMMOA 2021/2022 Year
WESTERN MONTANA MILITARY OFFICERS 2022 BANQUET
Seventy-five members of the Western Montana Military Officers Association (WMMOA) recently gathered to hear General (Retired) Joseph L. Votel, a former CENTCOM and United States Special Operations Commander, discuss current challenges facing America and western democracies. His remarks on “Security Challenges and the Great Power Competition” was based on his experience in some of the most volatile regions of the earth, held attendees spellbound. A humble warrior, GEN Votel also shared his memories of working with soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines across the military services.
The evening also included our traditional group photos, the pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem, singing a medley of service songs, remembrance of our Missing in Action and Prisoners of War. We held an auction of three Mort Walker signed prints featuring Beetle Bailey and conducted our usual 50/50 raffle.
The chef and staff of the Missoula Doubletree Hotel produced a delicious buffet dinner and addressed our every need. A splendid time was had by all as we look forward to our summer activities.
2022 WMMOA Summer Activities
- July 9th – DAY AT THE RANGE and Cookout West Riverside Range
- Come shoot your rifles and pistols at 10:00 A.M. – 7350 Zaugg Drive, 59802
- Conclude the day with a Trophy presentation, BBQ and shooting tales at noon
- Contact Gary Swartz for details – 542-1978
- August 9th – Paddleheads Baseball – Time 7:00pm
- Cost: $12.00 : Contact Will Deschamps for tickets – 544-4344
- Take Me Out To The Ballgame; Enjoy Friends, Beer and Peanuts
- August 30th – WMMOA Movie Night: 12 ‘0 Clock High Starring Gregory Peck
- 4 – 7 P.M. At the Roxy – Make it dinner and a movie with friends
- Cost $10.00 (limited to first 30) – Mail payment to WMMOA, PO Box 3762, Missoula, MT 59806
Save the Date! May 22nd the return of the Annual WMMOA Banquet! 6pm with social hour starting at 5:30. Our Speaker will be UofM History Professor Mehrdad Kia presenting “Iran Past Present and Future”…Stay turned more information will follow
Our WMMOA Social Hour meetings are held on the second Friday of the month at 1830 at the Westside Bowling Lanes in Missoula. We will have ”there I was’ presentations with hors ‘d’oeuvres/light dinner for $10.
Our WMMOA Luncheon meetings are held on the 3rd Friday of the month at 1130 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Missoula. We will have formal presentations with a full lunch for $20. Please note reservations are required as there may be limited seating (50 max).
Please Note: Western Montana Military Officers Assoc. is open to all Active Duty, Reserve, Retired and Former members of the United States Military Services. If you have questions or wish to make a reservation please contact Cpt Charlie Olinger firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-240-6038